Cookies are small pieces of data used to store browser information. They are mainly used for storing identification and other data related to computers, smartphones and other internet access devices. In addition, other data storage technologies exist and are used for similar purposes, and which store information from device browsers, browser identifier information and other software tools present on devices used to access the Internet. In the context of this cookies policy, these other technologies are also understood to be “cookies”. This policy explains how cookies are used and the options we provide to our users.
- When you create an account with CIVICITI.
- When you use CIVICITI’s services, even if you have not registered with the platform, and our applications.
- When you visit other websites or use other applications that employ CIVICITI’s services.
Why are cookies necessary?
- Authentication: used to verify user accounts and determine when sessions are initiated to provide users with a user experience and features that are adapted to their needs. These cookies are used to keep your session active when you browse CIVICITI, remembering your browser so you don’t have to continuously login, and so you can access the platform using applications and via websites that are external to CIVICITI. These cookies are necessary for correct platform operation.
- Platform analytics and development: these cookies enable us to determine how CIVICITI’s services are used and how we can improve them in future versions. They also enable us to identify areas for improvement regarding the features we provide our users.
- Cookie types
This Website uses first-party cookies and third-party cookies, either session or persistent, these being necessary to ensure the operation of the Website or are analytical or are statistical in nature.
Regarding first-party cookies, CIVICITI only uses those that are strictly necessary to enable Users to browse this Website and to use its essential features.
These cookies do not obtain personal user information, but rather information about the number of Users accessing the Website, the number of pages they browse, the frequency and repetition of visits to its pages, their duration, the browser used by the users, the terminal or city where the User IP is assigned.
The objective is to collect information that will help CIVICITI provide a better service and improve our technology.
- Cookie deactivation
Most browsers indicate how they can be configured to not to accept cookies, to notify you each time a new cookie is received, and to completely deactivate them. To control how your information is used, you can configure the browser on your terminal however you please. We would like to indicate however that, should you deactivate technical and/or functional cookies the quality of the website may diminish or it may be harder to identify you.
The following links provide further information regarding different browsers: